- RSS Channel Showcase 3867316
- RSS Channel Showcase 7288545
- RSS Channel Showcase 3711031
- RSS Channel Showcase 8537736
Articles on this Page
- 12/22/17--07:49: _Thread: Descent: Jo...
- 12/22/17--23:34: _Thread: Descent: Jo...
- 12/27/17--15:30: _Thread: Descent: Jo...
- 12/29/17--12:37: _Thread: Descent: Jo...
- 01/01/18--07:03: _Thread: Descent: Jo...
- 01/02/18--08:47: _Thread: Descent: Jo...
- 01/07/18--03:08: _Thread: Descent: Jo...
- 01/07/18--17:28: _Thread: Descent: Jo...
- 01/09/18--05:30: _Thread: Descent: Jo...
- 01/09/18--13:10: _Thread: Descent: Jo...
- 01/09/18--14:15: _Thread: Descent: Jo...
- 01/13/18--09:04: _Thread: Descent: Jo...
- 01/13/18--09:39: _Thread: Descent: Jo...
- 01/14/18--06:52: _Thread: Descent: Jo...
- 01/14/18--07:08: _Thread: Descent: Jo...
- 01/16/18--07:52: _Thread: Descent: Jo...
- 01/17/18--10:49: _Thread: Descent: Jo...
- 01/18/18--05:17: _Thread: Descent: Jo...
- 01/18/18--09:28: _Thread: Descent: Jo...
- 01/19/18--04:58: _Thread: Descent: Jo...
by SadgitI put together some interesting questions on Descent rules. Test you knowledge and enter
The Descent Rules Quiz
by Fleshbitsmy overlord is arguing that explosive runes applies when pulling the lever. I argue that the car would read "when a door opens" rather than "when you open a door"
third party opinion?
by madDdog67I'm in the middle of a campaign with the my buddy & his kids with him as the DM. For grins, I think I'll do a play through of the app campaign myself with 3 party members.
I have the Conversion Kit for 1st Edition as well as Lair of the Wyrm, Labyrinth of Ruin, Trollfens, and Manor of Ravens, so I have a boatload of heroes to choose from, so suggest me a party! If you don't want to do a whole party, then suggest a hero/role. Thanks!
I'm soon to start playing Descent with my young grandkids. The game is billed as a battle of good heroes against the forces of evil, but one of the available hero classes is a Necromancer. This has always signified evil in my experience (think of the Necromancer in The Hobbit). Is there anything evil about this class, or does a necromancer ever have an incentive to do something evil? I'm playing with impressionable kids and really don't want a character rewarded for evil-themed activities.
by TaevinrudeI asked for a Plano 7771 tackle box for a Christmas and it was easily the best Christmas present I received. I have almost all the box expansions. I am waiting for the restock on the Bonds of the Wild, as well as the Chains that Rust and Bilehall, but I have all other boxes and H&M packs, along with 10 of the lieutenant packs. I have been thinking about how I wanted to store Descent for quite a while, and here’s how I finally arranged all the pieces:
The file box on the left contains all the map tiles I currently have, along with the rule books, campaign books, side quests, and lieutenant decks. I also keep the one or two current Campaign groups bagged up in one of the hanging files.
The Plano holds the rest of the figures and pieces:
The figures are unpainted, so I am not using any foam for protection. The large top area holds all of the big figures one-ish layer deep. The large area in the top right holds two 200 count card boxes. One holds the Overlord cards, while the other holds the travel, rumor, rewards, and Changeling cards (basically all the other large cards). I also have 3D printed special boxes for the Wounds, Stamina, Hex, and 5-Hearts. They all fit easily in the top tray. The condition cards fit in the top-right area (the thin black or white boxes in the bottom right are the condition cards and tokens in their special boxes. The Burning tokens have been opened up for display).
The bottom 4 thin trays hold the bulk of the small figures.
The top tray holds the melee figures, the second one holds the ranged. The third holds the heroes and small lieutenants, while the bottom one holds the map tiles (end caps, entrances, etc.). I had to carve out a small section of the dividers in the top right of the bottom tray to accommodate the doors, entrances, porticulises and transitions. I used foam board to reshape the dividers to fit the shapes I needed.
The bottom right section contains the class cards along with the items and relics. I used the clear polycarbonate deck boxes from Dragon Shield to hold those, with foam board dividers. The Act 1 and Act 2 monster and lieutenant cards fit into empty Dragon Shield cardboard boxes. I had them left over from my Magic decks.
Everything fits, and I expect to print or 3D print dividers for my 200 count boxes to more clearly divide all the different card groups. I also want to 3D print replacements for the foam inserts into my clear deck boxes because the foam doesn’t always stay oriented correctly. All in all, I’m happy.
by shupey14Would anyone be able to point me in the correct direction to download a pdf version of the Shadow Rune campaign that came in the older core set boxes? Or perhaps email me the file if you have it? I got Descent for xmas and it comes with the Heir of Blood campaign now. Thanks!
by patgarret77I'm starting to play Descent with a group (I will play the overlord) and I would like to use some sort of an introductory quest, one that is not part of the campaign, as I would like the campaign to be intact for the players to enjoy it fully after they have tasted an introductory quest.
Sadly it seems all the quests included are part of the campaign...so I'm at a loss here. I thought about using the quest that Rodney Smith is using in his videos but it is a pretty simple one...
by donbalooSo back before we had kids I owned Descent 1st edition. My wife and I played it several times and both liked it quite a bit but the play time was oppressive to say the least. As I recall, with setup and putup we were clocking in around 6 hours or so per session. After kids came along I did some cleanup and sold off some games. I knew Descent would never hit the table again (and what a shelf hog!) so away it went.
Today while looking for some boardgames to play on iPad I discovered this Road to Legend app for Descent 2nd. I don't know much about it but apparently it allows for Descent play with no Overlord and I'm intrigued. I'd also heard in the past the 2nd edition plays considerably faster than 1st. Put the two together and it has me considering buying Descent 2nd for the family to play. But I have some questions.
1. So is Descent 2nd wrapping up its lifespan? Looks like its been out for a while and there's a swath of expansions but I can't get a feel on whether its still kicking or not.
2. Does the Road to Legend app allow for cooperative play of the base game quests or just the ones in the app? I suspect we'll not get to use any of the base game adventures in case of the latter, which would be a bummer.
3. So what is the play time these days for a session of Descent?
4. Is there anything that has come along in the boardgame world lately that would be a better alternative to getting into for exclusive cooperative play (no Overlord/GM player)that's similar to Descent, i.e. quests, monsters, combat, treasure, campaign play?
by John_VWlooking to purchase Descent 2nd ed (and the app), hoping it's similar to Mansions of Madness 2nd ed (not in "game play", but in how the app allows the other players to play together vs. the game itself, via the app)...
and i'd like to add an expansion right out of the gate (to hopefully expand the options avail through the app), but have no idea which one?
we'll play almost always 2p (and only using 2 characters; neither of us like to run more than 1 per game), but sometimes maybe up to 4p...we'd like the expansion to add an "epic feel" to our game! we enjoy long adventures, and as long as the app allows us to save/resume we don't mind at all taking several/many sittings to complete the experience...
so, after the base game what would you suggest? thanks!
by John_VWand basically what they add (more quests, more locations/towns, more heroes/monsters, etc.)?
it seems like some of the expansions listed on the 2nd edition page may not necessarily add anything to your 'app content'? (i def could be wrong; i'm only going by the descriptions i've been able to find)
i'm willing to add some, but am not interested in anything that doesn't add content to the app...so i'm hoping there's a list avail somewhere that might help me sort through the many pages of "expansions"...
if i want just more heroes/monsters i'll deal with that later...thanks for your help!
by John_VWlike in Runebound? i told her that as far as i know "no", but since i've never played (game is "on it's way") i thought i'd ask...thanks
(i didn't see any ref to "allies" when reading here on BGG, so i'm guessing "not")
by BradyLSVisiting the FFG website yesterday, I checked in on the status of products for the game. All but four lieutenants appear to be In Stock. I picked up Splig (the only item I was missing) and some extra dice. I’ve received one notice from FFG’s online store and two from Asmodee North America that these items are being shipped to me. I should have them by this time next week.
If you’re missing something, go check out the FFG website for availability!
by RegistrauI use a PC, an android phone and an iPad
If I buy RtL IAP content, such as "The delve", for ipad, will I only be able to use it in the tablet? Or is there some "FFG account" associated that allows it to be used in android and PC too?
I use all three (PC, phone & ipad) a lot.
by John_VWTwo (2) rulebooks, one 25 pages and one 14 pages...which one do i use (download)?
- they both are for Descent 2nd edition
- they both have "Road to Legend: Rules of Play" on the cover page
so, does the 14 page version replace the 25 page one? will i need to know what's in the "missing 11 pages", and instead should download/print the 25 page version?
thanks! (game just arrived, and i always like to have 2 rulebooks avail until we've learned the game)
edit: and now i found another version, 34 pages...called "Road to Legend Expansion"???
by JohnB58My group has started a campaign with the Road to Legend app. One player now wants to reconsider choice of character/class but there seems no way to do this in RtL without starting a new campaign. We could of course use the icon for the old character while keeping track of everything manually for the changed character but that may screw up the app's decision making and doesn't seem like a good option. Is there a way to change a character in RtL without starting over? I can't find anything like that in the menus. Thanks.
by John_VW- i have the base game and all major expansions, but so far have only loaded the base game into the app
- we have never played the game before
- we have played (and enjoy) mansions of madness, and were able to jump right into the app (also without ever having played before), and only needed the "learn to play" and "rules ref" handy
- if i just start out with the base game tutorial, which rulebooks/aids should i have handy with this? i have the 25 page "road to legends" rulebook already...and then the printed rules/etc that come with the base game/expansions
so, for anyone who's done this before what would you suggest? (what do we need "handy"?)...and, should we just learn/play the base game to start...or is it fine to go ahead and load everything into the app and "just dive in"?
by John_VWall the classes "below them" (ex: Mage would have Runemaster below it, Warrior would have Knight below it) AND it includes all the major expansions (esp for me the expansions you can use with the app)...
i found one list here on BGG, but it only covered 4 heroes and the 4 classes below...so for example my Shadow of Nerekhall expansion classes (like bard, shadow walker) are not on this list...
by John_VWwould that be a decent "starting point"? or would i be too limited to eventually prevail (and survive)?
thanks...(we're hopefully starting our 1st 2p game this weekend, using the app)
by John_VW- both should arrive tomorrow
- i know that i will need to add them to my collection, in the app (and we'll never play without using the app)
- am i correct in that both can be played as Heroes?
- if so, then they will never be used as lieutenants/monsters?
- and if we're only going to use them as heroes can i toss the plot cards? their tokens?
- or...will the app decide which form they'll take?
by John_VWwhat each symbol means, and for all the avail die options/colors...something i could print out and hand out to each player before our 1st game...